To guarantee a SUSTAINABLE of Lean principles, it is required to define and implement an organization that will make it possible to:
- use these simple tools
- acquire new working strategies where energetic and determined progress is the key word.
What are the primary principles of this organization?
- Reduction in the size of teams (a maximum of 8 to 12 individuals) that are responsible for a physical area and of a well identified work flow
- A small hierarchy in charge of 2 to 3 production lines with a staff of approximately 20 people
- A strongly developed communication procedure
- Communication areas by product lines
- A 5-minute daily meeting
- A 30-minute monthly meeting
- Visual management development (5S, obvious TPM, activity chart)
For companies that follow this concept, the following key elements reflecting the involvement of people can always be found: Motivation, Competence and Communication.
Communication, which is the key element of collective efficiency, is always placed at the lowest level on the priorities list, but in reality, it has a positive impact on individual motivation and competence.